Families face all kinds of challenges. Do not let technology be a challenge that goes unaddressed with your children. Here is a fun way to start! Download or pick up a free Tech Ticket Board at the Glenwood STAND@Home Center. This is a fun way to help your children set boundaries and guide them into understanding the need for control. Here is how it works:
- Each child receives 12 tickets every Sunday Night
- To use any of the tech devices, give a ticket to Mom or Dad and they will set the timer for 30 min.
- If somebody else is watching TV and you want to join, you will also have to turn in a ticket.
- When the timer goes off, tech time is OVER.
- Once the Tickets are gone you do not get any more tickets until the next Sunday night. (Unless you earn more).
- Mom and Dad can say no at any time, and can take tickets away for misbehavior. They can also give out extra tickets for good behavior.
1 Ticket = 30 minutes of Tech Time.
To Earn Extra Tickets:
- 30 Min of reading
- 30 min of extra homework time
- 30 min of math practice
- 30 min of Bible Study/ Reading
- 30 min of EXTRA Chores
- 30 min of writing
To Lose Tickets:
- Using Tech without giving up a ticket
- Use tech past the timer
- Argue or whine about Tech time
- Misbehavior or disobey.